Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Blogiday

This week, I'll be taking a break from cyberspace--a "blogiday." No blogging (except for this sole post), no reading and commenting on other blogs, no Facebooking, no Twittering, no ninging (okay, maybe a little ninging).

I've got a house to clean, leaves to rake, turkeys to cook, and kids to yell at (er, I mean encourage and stimulate). If someone needs to inform me that I've just won the READER'S DIGEST Sweepstakes, just send me an email (you didn't think I was going totally off the grid, did you?).

While I'm gone, look for these developments in the world of publishing:

  • Harlequin will drop any remaining pretenses and start calling themselves Harlequin Qwik Copy. For fifty bucks a page, they'll handle all your printing needs.

  • Sarah Palin will announce plans for her next book, GOING BROGUE. It's about her attempt to learn to speak Irish as she stepdances her way to the top (Did you know you can see Ireland from Alaska?).

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

A blogiday!

I may have to try that. We'd find out how truly addicted I am, anyway. :)

Harlequin Qwik Copy! I love it! And...that Sarah. I can't really laugh at her because she's selling so many darned books!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Patricia Stoltey said...

Congrats for unplugging and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

And bless her little moose-hunting heart, Sarah Palin is laughing all the way to the bank. She probably says, "Ka-Ching," every time her name hits another blog or news story.

joe doaks-Author said...

We will miss your wit and smiling face, Alan. Looking forward to your return. In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your family.

Best Regards, Galen

Imagineering Fiction Blog

Gutsy Living said...

Very funny about Sarah Palin's next book title. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Hope to visit after the holidays.