Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If it’s Tuesday, it Must be Santa Barbara

This morning, I’ll be interviewed by Baron Ron Herron at 7:38 Pacific Time/10:38 Eastern Time on KZSB 1290 AM radio (Santa Barbara). This program also will be syndicated/rebroadcast on KNRY AM 1240 (Monterey), KNWZ-II AM 1270 (Palm Springs), and 99.7 FM (Queensland, Australia). G’day mate!

Hear it streaming on-line here.

Four years ago, the family packed up the minivan and embarked on a 7-week cross-country trip. It was (mostly) fantastic. Here are a few photos from beautiful California, along the coast and in Monterey.

100_3659

100_3654

100_3633


Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Elspeth Futcher said...

Lovely pictures! I've been to California a few times, but only really seen LA and San Francisco. However, did you know the rats live in the palm trees? It's true. If I ever write a story happening in LA, RATS IN THE PALM TREES will be my title.

Alan Orloff said...

Elspeth - Nice title. I always thought those brown hairy things up there were coconuts.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Mostly fantastic? I think there's more to this trip than a few beautiful pictures:)

Alan Orloff said...

Jane - Four people, seven weeks, one minivan. I'll let you do the math and come to your own conclusion.

Lorel Clayton said...

Beautiful photos! I stole the bottom one for my desktop but don't tell the copyright holder--oh, that's you :)

I can't imagine 7 weeks on the road though. Motion sickness alone would murder me. Give me a plane anyday.