Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pop Quiz

What do the following writers have in common?

Alice McDermott - Winner of the National Book Award and three-time Pulitzer Prize finalist

David Hoffman - Winner of the 2010 Pulitzer Prize

Wes Moore - Rhodes Scholar and recently on Oprah, The View, and Meet The Press

John Feinstein - Author of 26 books

Phyllis Reynolds Naylor - Author of 135 books and winner of the Newbery Medal and Edgar Award

Alan Orloff (me) - Came in second place in the Volleyball Serve during 6th Grade Field Day when I was eleven

Give up?

We are all featured authors at the Gaithersburg Book Festival this Saturday (May 15)!

I know, right?

The festival is an all-day affair, featuring many well-known local writers (and me, too). There will be workshops, seminars, presentations, signings, poetry readings, music, food, fun, and books, books, books!

Admission is free!

My presentation begins at 10:00 a.m. in the Dashiell Hammett Pavilion. After I finish, stick around to hear Meredith Cole, author of the Agatha-nominated POSED FOR MURDER and the newly-released DEAD IN THE WATER, speak at 11:00 a.m. in the same pavilion.

For all the details, including directions and parking info, visit the Gaithersburg Book Festival website.

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE FESTIVAL ON SATURDAY!


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

And all those other writers are saying, "I'm going to be at Gaithersburg with Alan Orloff!"

Mason Canyon said...

Wish I could be there. Best of luck to you. Sounds like it will be a great day.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You are too good to go to all these conferences! Hope you have fun and sell lots...

Terry Odell said...

Have fun. Wish I could be there.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Sounds like a great festival. Wish I could be there. Hope it's a great success for you.

Alan Orloff said...

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I'm looking forward to it (seriously!)!