I’m in the process of making the final* pass through my WIP before it goes to my beta readers.
Specifically, I’m looking at:
- Bolstering descriptions, of settings and people
- Incorporating the five senses
- Spelling/grammar/typos/awkward sentences
- Overuse of pet words: that, just, maybe, Kyrgyzstan
- Making sure the chapter numbers are in order
- Characters who are always smiling, nodding, shrugging, or guffawing.
Last night, I awoke at three a.m. with some ideas about the book. I jumped up, grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and hustled to the bathroom so I wouldn’t wake up my wife with the light. I jotted down my great ideas and went back to bed.
Here’s what I wrote:
Ref go droang xrtg pepperoni aft dincc. Bertttt Xoccwee & frooop. Ha ha ha ha!!! drrb,poipi 799
Any ideas what that means? And why do I have this urge to order pizza?
*Final? Yeah, right!