We’re experts at certain things. Procrastination is one of them. Here are my Top Ten Ways For Writers to Procrastinate
(Warning: Do Not Try This At Home).
10. Research every possible detail in the book, including the Zagat reviews of the restaurants where your characters eat.
9. Tell yourself that re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird will put you in the right mood.
8. Dig out all those books on writing to help you power through those rough spots.
7. Revise your first paragraph over and over (and over), even though you know it will be gone by the time you’ve reached your final draft.
6. Go to the kitchen to get a snack. You can’t be expected to do your best work on an empty stomach!
5. Explore the many, uh, faces of Photoshop (see picture above).
4. Aren’t those cat pictures on Facebook adorable?
3. Don’t treat the thesaurus as a tool, but as an afternoon excursion.
2. One word: nap.
And the number one way for writers to procrastinate:
Think up Top Ten Lists.
(This entry is “simul-posted” on InkSpot)