Friday, September 9, 2016

And the Oscar Goes to…

What's the most successful book-to-screen film you've ever seen? What was the least (and why)?

I’m probably like most people in that I usually think books are better than the movies made from them. Maybe it’s because my imagination is more actively engaged when reading—picturing what the characters and settings look like, rather than having the filmmakers foist their interpretations upon us. Maybe it’s the fact that we often get right into the heads of the characters in a book, something that’s very difficult to do in a film (I mean, who wants a ten-minute voiceover?). Or perhaps it’s simply a matter of time spent within the story. In a book, a reader might spend five or six hours immersed in the story, whereas a movie lasts only a couple of hours.

Whatever the reason, the best books usually seem to outdo the best movies.

So I’ll offer up a list of movies that I thought did a very good job of fulfilling the promise of their respective books:

Jurassic ParkJurassic Park – Super cool concept, and I thought the dinos were pretty darn realistic.

Mystic River – Good book, great movie. Superb acting.

Silence of the Lambs – Great book, great movie, great villain, great hero. Do not invite Hannibal Lechter over for dinner, just sayin’

A Time to Kill – In my opinion, one of Grisham’s better books.

Jaws – Who doesn’t love killer sharks?

The Martian – I really enjoyed reading this book, and I was a little afraid of what might happen when it made the jump to the big screen. Matt Damon and company pulled off a very good adaptation.Misery

And what would this list be (for me, anyway) without a few Stephen King works:

Dead Zone – Christopher Walken. ’Nuff said.

Firestarter – Do NOT make Drew Barrymore mad.

Misery – Do NOT make Kathy Bates mad, either.

As for the least favorite adaptation I’ve seen, I’ll go with The Bonfire of the Vanities. As I recall, they took a well-done satire and turned it into some kind of bizarre farce. I haven’t seen that one again, so my memory of that has faded.

Fortunately.

(This entry is “simul-posted” on Criminal Minds.)


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Clipping Path said...

I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

andrewjackson said...

Our the purpose is to share the reviews about the latest Jackets,Coats and Vests also share the related Movies,Gaming, Casual,Faux Leather and Leather materials available Theseus Scamander Coat

mrbobystone said...

I love to recommend you Where can crawl Exciting Products latest Jackets, Coats and Vests Click Here Rihanna White Leather Jacket

Jobi Johnson said...

Great information about wilderness for beginners giving the opportunity for new people. goku drip puffer jacket

eddielydon said...

Statistics students and professor are worried to find the deviation calculator because their work depends on it. rip wheeler jacket

Ben Watkins said...

Thank you for sharing such a good post. rip wheeler cotton jacket

Shannon Mackle said...

I did everything to get him back but nothing worked.

I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online.

I told the relationship doctor everything that happened,

He promised to fix my relationship.

My relationship was restored just as promised,

My Ex-boyfriend is back and promised never to leave me again

I am the happiest lady on earth,

Never too late to fix your broken heart.

You can still get your lover back...

Fix broken relationship/marriage...


IF YOU WANT TO GET BACK WITH YOUR LOVER I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO CONTACT__________________ R O B I N S O N B U K L E R 11 @ [[G M A I L. C O M]],,

chrispine said...

Unleash your inner ninja with this stylish Naruto Akatsuki Puffer Jacket