Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Boob Tube Talk

I’m not sure why, but I seem to be a little more interested in the new TV season this year.

I blogged about TV crime shows yesterday at InkSpot, but I thought I’d continue the discussion here.

When I judge a new series, I have a simple test: Will I watch another episode?

So far, I’ve seen The Whole Truth (yes, I’ll watch another), Blue Bloods (yes), Hawaii 5-0 (probably not), Outlaw (yes). Still unseen on the DVR: Detroit 187, Terriers, and Lone Star (did that already get cancelled?)

What new shows look especially interesting to you?


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan - I like your "yardstick." Whenever I "test drive" a new show, I ask myself the same question. I have to say, though, that I haven't yet seen anything this fall that I'd stop everything to watch again. Maybe I'm just too particular.

Mason Canyon said...

Your 'yardstick' is the system I use too. I did try watching the first episode of Lone Star on Hulu, but didn't finish it. I'll probably go back and get it another try later. Other than that, I'm sticking with some returns - Castle, Bones and NCIS. Can't go wrong there.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Other than "Mad Men" and "Masterpiece Mystery," I'm at no shows at all right now! I think I'm picky.