Thursday, June 25, 2009

Read These

Two quick book recommendations:

THE BRASS VERDICT by Michael Connelly TheBrassVerdictHC02

Lincoln Lawyer Mickey Haller returns in this one, and he's defending a big-wig studio exec charged with murder. Another Connelly gem (most are), and Harry Bosch is involved, in more than just a cameo appearance. (I'm not sure what I think about this--maybe that's a good topic for another post: characters crossing over from another series.) The courtroom drama is taut, and the twists at the end were perfect. I think I'm starting to like Mickey Haller more than Harry Bosch--and that's saying something!

 

PLAYING WITH MATCHES by Brian Katcher

PlayingWithMatches180 This coming-of-age YA book combines humor with all the social awkwardness of not being one of the in-crowd. I'll be looking for the next Katcher book ALMOST PERFECT, due out in October.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Thanks for the tips, Alan. I'm trying to put together my summer reading list now, and these will help.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Stephen Tremp said...

I like Michael Connelly. The Poet was an awesome read. I usually don't read books with disturbing content, but The Poet was one of the best suspense thrillers I ever read.

- Stephen Tremp
http://www.stephentremp.blogspot.com/