Thursday, June 25, 2009

Read These

Two quick book recommendations:

THE BRASS VERDICT by Michael Connelly TheBrassVerdictHC02

Lincoln Lawyer Mickey Haller returns in this one, and he's defending a big-wig studio exec charged with murder. Another Connelly gem (most are), and Harry Bosch is involved, in more than just a cameo appearance. (I'm not sure what I think about this--maybe that's a good topic for another post: characters crossing over from another series.) The courtroom drama is taut, and the twists at the end were perfect. I think I'm starting to like Mickey Haller more than Harry Bosch--and that's saying something!

 

PLAYING WITH MATCHES by Brian Katcher

PlayingWithMatches180 This coming-of-age YA book combines humor with all the social awkwardness of not being one of the in-crowd. I'll be looking for the next Katcher book ALMOST PERFECT, due out in October.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Thanks for the tips, Alan. I'm trying to put together my summer reading list now, and these will help.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Anonymous said...

I like Michael Connelly. The Poet was an awesome read. I usually don't read books with disturbing content, but The Poet was one of the best suspense thrillers I ever read.

- Stephen Tremp
http://www.stephentremp.blogspot.com/