For me, writing goes in fits and spurts. Some days, the words seem to flow out of my fingertips like....um, well fast. Other days, not so, uh, fast.
Here are some ways I re-energize:
- Read a book about writing.
- Read a non-fiction book about something completely unrelated to writing.
- Engage in on-line discussions about writing and publishing in general.
- Goof around on Facebook.
- Talk with another writer about his/her projects.
- Read some different blogs.
- Write a blog post or two.
- Watch a movie about writers.
- For a longer-term energy boost, I find writers' conferences to be especially beneficial.
What about you? What recharges your batteries?