Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sticky Books, Part II

A couple weeks ago, I listed five books that will always stick with me (see earlier post). Here are five more:

The Firm - John Grisham. I think this book was the first mega-blockbuster book I read (Can that be true?) Great pacing.

my_side_mountain My Side of the Mountain - Jean Craighead George. One of my early favorites. How cool would it be to live off the land--alone, as a kid--on your own mountain? Awesome!

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie. A classic mystery by a classic author.

Fletch - Gregory Mcdonald. Another great wise-guy protagonist.

Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris. Kept me turning pages all night long (as did his previous book, Red Dragon).


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hmm...not familiar with "My Side of the Mountain." Looks like it won a Newberry, too. I'll have to check it out for my son. Thanks!

Elizabeth