Back in my corporate life, I traveled to NYC on business every so often, but I’ve probably only been there three times in the last ten years (and two of those times were in the past two months).
Some things never change. New York is a wacky place.
Here are a few observations from my trip:
- I overheard two twenty-something guys talking on the street. First guy: “I slept in a bed last night.”
Second guy: <shrug>
First guy: “I slept in somebody’s bed.”
- I saw a guy carrying a set of golf clubs through Grand Central Station.
- I saw a guy carrying a surfboard down 34th Street.
- I saw a lady wearing a post-surgical boot on one foot and a shoe with a 3-inch heel on the other.
- I saw a guy playing chicken with a taxi (I know, not too unusual).
For those of you who wanted to know about the “bus” part of my trip, it was great. Very convenient and comfortable, right up until we got the flat tire. Then, not so much.
Oh yeah, the Thrillerfest convention was great, too. I’ll post a recap of that later in the week.